The Silver Ridge Program
We offer a clinically integrated, holistic program designed to increase each client’s sense of self and their capacity for regulation across multiple domains of life. Our program addresses issues of body, mind and spirit through intensive individual, family and group therapy sessions, psychoeducation and holistic approaches including equine therapy, yoga, acupuncture and horticultural therapy. Our comprehensive treatment emphasizes midlife developmental themes of reflection, balance, purpose and meaningful engagement with the world.
The Midlife Stage of Development
Midlife adults require a specialized treatment approach for all aspects of their textured life experiences. Adults in this stage of life are confronted with various, discrepant transitions of growth and loss. This phase can be characterized by changes in health, career heights and disappointments, the development of new goals and aspirations and significant shifts in personal and family relationships.
Treatment consists of specific interventions aimed at increasing our clients’ sense of self and their concept of meaning and purpose. Through reflection and intensive therapy, our clients work to enhance balance, connection and intentionality within their life. The Silver Ridge addiction treatment programs asheville are a collaborative process that creates therapeutic and holistic opportunities to address the issues of body, mind and spirit.
- Lifespan Developmental Psychology Life is subject to history and context. Our life experience is multidimensional and multidirectional. Midlife adults enter treatment with a range of experiences. We are best understood when we consider the contextual experiences of each person.
- Strength-Based Perspective We operate from the perspective that everyone has the potential to transcend their struggles.
- Positive Psychology We focus on well-being and resilience. Our belief in the power of positive psychology to offer increased insight and meaning is a core component of our treatment philosophy.
- Acceptance & Commitment Therapy We conceptualize addiction as the primary avoidant coping strategy. Clinicians help clients identify the values obscured by their addiction and substance abuse and shift toward making choices that are more in line with their core values and beliefs.
- Motivational Interviewing Soon after a client arrives, we identify goals for change, resolve any residual ambivalence and progress through the stages of change.
- Experiential Avoidance & Chemical Dissociation Substance abuse is seen as the mechanism used to disconnect from the self and avoid negative internal experiences often associated with unresolved trauma.
- Mindfulness Therapists will help clients address the loss of consideration for the full range of our emotional experience. Clients will develop or rediscover an appreciation for the benefits of awareness and the empowerment that comes from connection with yoga, meditation and creative expression.
- Attachment & Affective Neuroscience Concepts such as attachment and polyvagal theory help clients increase their awareness of the neurological implications associated with addiction and co-occurring conditions. Engaging this part of the client’s experience deepens the impact of treatment and helps provide intrinsic, long-term change.
- Holistic Approaches Midlife adults value balance and structure. Clients will have the opportunity to engage in equine therapy, wilderness experiences and horticultural therapy as ways to achieve enhanced internal and external connections.